Photo credits: @therealangellocsin IG
Angel Locsin has successfully ended her fundraiser, dubbed #UniTENTweStandPH, with “full and grateful heart.”
On both Instagram and Twitter, “The General’s Daughter” star announced that she triumphantly raised more than 10.9 million pesos in cash donations.
Because of your overwhelming support, we are happy to announce that we have sufficiently funded the #UniTENTweStandPH campaign.
With a full & grateful heart, we are now ending the fundraising & will no longer accept CASH donations through PayPal, Paymaya, or bank account
Having reached enough funds to build more than 150 tents in several hospitals, the 34-year-old actress said she would no longer be accepting cash donations.
While she has ended her fundraiser, she reassured the public that she would still continue putting up tents for frontliners with the rest of the money that she has with her.
“With a full and grateful heart, we are now ending the fundraising and will no longer accept CASH donations through PayPal, Paymaya, or bank account,” she added.
Sharing how far the donations could go, she said: “Binuo po ang #UniTENTweStandPH para po makatulong kahit papano sa overcrowding situation sa hospital, sa mga pasyente hindi na po nagagamot, sa mga health workers na hindi nabibigyan ng tamang proteksyon, sa mga pasyenteng nahahalo sa ibang mga cases. Ayun po ang dahilan kung bakit po tayo nandidito.”
Exercising transparency to the public, Angel also showed the breakdown of payments so far via the video she shared on social media.
It was last March 25 when the Kapamilya star started her fundraiser which seeks to help hospitals “accommodate more patients who need immediate treatments while also prioritizing the safety of our health workers” by building additional tents.
Various celebrities have extended help to Angel — including Sharon Cuneta who contributed three million pesos to her humanitarian efforts. – PUSH